Sometimes we become so focused on the process of ministry that we forget about the presence of God. We do everything we know to do, yet things do not seem to move forward. We may even wonder, “Has God forgotten about me?”
The truth is ... He has not forgotten you.
Some people may think that they have not studied the Bible enough. But God is not rewarding us for studying more. He is looking for the faith and trust in what He has promised.
There is nothing wrong with studying and gaining knowledge. But sometimes another piece of information is not what we need most. We need fresh oil from heaven. We need to spend time with the Lord and allow Him to refresh our hearts, minds and souls.
When we become dry on the inside, serving God and our ministry can begin to feel like something we have to produce through our own effort. We try to make something happen. But as His joy and peace are renewed within us, the water of life begins to flow again. We can minister from the overflow of His presence.
I believe God wants to teach us to walk by His Spirit and trust Him, rather than lean on our own understanding. The same Holy Spirit who was present in the days of the apostles is still with us today. He wants us to be aware of His presence in our ordinary, everyday lives.
Perhaps you have been watching circumstances around you and have become discouraged. Perhaps your heart feels empty because you have been concentrating on everything you need to accomplish. Come back to His presence. Love Him. Worship Him. Spend time with Him.
You are the temple of the Holy Spirit. God lives within you. You do not have to minister from an empty heart. Let Him refresh you, and minister from the overflow of His presence.
God bless you richly
Gil Howard-Browne
www.revivaltimes.com
Source: YouTube Broadcast - Sat. 4th. Nov. 2018
When something happens that looks bad, our minds can quickly imagine everything that might go wrong. I have done that myself. Yet many times, what I feared never happened. God brought us through, and what first looked enormous turned out to be much smaller than I had imagined.
Looking back over nearly fifty years of ministry and travel across continents, I can say that God has looked after us. That does not mean we have never faced difficulties. I remember an angry confrontation in a restaurant in Hampton, Virginia, when tables started flying and people were screaming. During a snowstorm, I once backed our fifth wheel into a steel post near a ditch. But considering all the years and miles, incidents like these have been rare. God has taken care of us.
That is why I encourage you: do not let panic be the first response when trouble comes. Say, “I’m trusting in the Lord. I’m putting my trust in God.” Look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
I also do not want the enemy to become the center of your attention. I love Jesus. I serve Him, walk with Him, talk with Him, and spend time in His presence. He paid the price on the cross. My response to what He has done is faith, and faith, in its simplicity, is trusting God.
Trust Him to guide you, lead you, and bring you through. When your mind starts building a frightening picture of the future, return your attention to Jesus. You belong to Him, and He is with you.
You do not have to live from fear. You can live with your heart fixed on the Lord, trusting Him in every circumstance.
God bless you richly
Gil Howard-Browne
www.revivaltimes.com
Source: YouTube Broadcast - Sat. 4th. Nov. 2018


No comments:
Post a Comment