Aug 28, 2026

Trusting God's Promises

I have learned that trusting God is not something I do for a minute or two and then carry on with my life. This is something I have to live in every day. I walk in it every day. I trust the anointing every day, and I lean upon the anointing every day.

Today may be great. The anointing may lift a burden off me, but tomorrow something else may happen that tries to put another burden upon my shoulders. I have learned that I don't need to keep running to God and asking Him to remove the burden. I can trust the anointing within me to prevent that burden from coming upon me again.

The promise in Isaiah says, “The anointing will lift the burden from off my shoulders and destroy the yoke of bondage that's around my neck.” As I explained in the message, the Amplified says, “And prevent it from returning.”

That means I don't only look to God to remove what is weighing me down. I trust the anointing to keep it from returning. It is like God's immune system. The anointing on the inside of me becomes a permanent shield against those things that try to overwhelm me.

I have learned how to keep trusting the Lord every day. If I begin to feel something overwhelming me, I know what to do. I immediately begin to worship God. I immediately begin to praise God. I immediately begin to thank Him for the anointing that is bringing life on the inside of me, not death.

God says in Deuteronomy that He has placed before us life and death, blessing and cursing, and then He says to choose life that we may live. I recognize that this means I have a choice. So I choose life.

Even when the evidence in my circumstances seems to point toward death and cursing, I refuse to receive that as the final word because God's Word says I can choose life. I say, “Lord, I choose life today, not death. I choose blessing, not cursing.”

I remind myself that I have been redeemed from the curse of the law and that Jesus became the sacrifice for me so that I could inherit the blessings promised to Abraham. Therefore, I make a determination every day to choose the life of God rather than the death and cursing that are in the world.

That life is already residing on the inside of me. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is dwelling in me and making alive my mortal body. I choose that life, and I choose to live in it.

That also means I choose not to surrender to the negative thoughts that enter my mind because of what I see happening around me. Problems can look so big in the natural that my mind begins to dwell on them. If I allow that to continue, I can find myself panicking, worrying, and becoming full of anxiety. I refuse to do that. I choose life.

I identify myself with the promises of God, the life of God, the peace of God, and the joy of the Lord. I trust the anointing already on the inside of me to set me free from the yoke and the burden, lift it from my shoulders, and prevent it from coming back again.

This is something I choose to acknowledge every day. I can get up every morning and say, “Lord, thank you for the anointing.”

You may look at what you're facing and think that this sounds too simple. You may say that you don't want to hide your head in the sand because your circumstances are real. I understand that those circumstances are what you're facing. But I want to direct your attention to what the promise of God says and what God's Word says we can have.

We can walk a victorious life. We can walk in victory. We can walk in the peace, joy, love, and blessing of God. These things are part of the nature of God. The peace of God, the joy of the Lord, and the love of God are part of His nature and the fruit of the Spirit.

When I choose the anointing and choose life in the Spirit, those are the things that begin to manifest in my life.

If I don't have joy in my life, I need to focus on the Scriptures and the promises concerning joy. One of those promises is, “The joy of the Lord is your strength.”

That is not simply a cliché. In Nehemiah 8:10, the people were crying and weeping, but Nehemiah told them not to be full of sorrow. He told them, “For the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

I can cast off sorrow. I don't have to continue walking in sorrow or living in sorrow. I can receive the joy of the Lord because His joy is my strength. Nehemiah also told the people, “Eat the fat and drink the sweet and send portions for those for whom nothing has been prepared.”

As I explained in the message, the fat and oil speak of the anointing. I receive the anointing. I receive the sweetness of Jesus, the sweetness of the Word, the presence of God, and the good things of God.  But this isn't only about what I receive for myself.

There are people who are desperate, and as believers we have something to give them. If I spend my entire life focused on my own problems and difficulties, continually asking people to pray for me while never receiving what God has promised me, how can I take the blessing of God and spread it around? How can I become the witness Jesus said I would become?

Jesus said, “You shall be witnesses unto me in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria and unto the uttermost parts of the earth.” But before He said that, He said, “You shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost has come upon you.”

That power is the anointing. It is God's ability, God's efficiency, and God's might operating within me. That is what enables me to become strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

I don't have to be blown about by every circumstance that comes my way. I don't have to be moved by everything I see. I can become strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

This is something every one of us has to walk in every day. I have to trust God every day. And the more I do it, the easier it becomes. When I see God moving in my life and moving on my behalf, it brings change. I begin to feast at the table of the Lord every single day.

The promise says, “Thou prepareest a table before me in the presence of my enemies.”

God has prepared a table for me right in the middle of my problems. In the midst of whatever I am going through, God's table is there. It is filled with His blessings and His goodness, and He tells me to come and eat.

He doesn't wait for me to become perfect. He doesn't wait until I have arrived or until every problem has disappeared. He puts the table before me in the presence of my enemies and says, “Come and eat.”

That is what I need in order for change to take place. Even when I walk through what looks like the valley of the shadow of death, I can say, “I will fear no evil.”

The shadow may look overwhelming. It may look like the big one, but it is still a shadow. I refuse to allow what I see to determine what I believe. Why can I refuse fear? Because the perfect love of God casts out fear.

So I claim that promise. I thank God for His perfect love that is set abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost and casts out fear. Even though I may be walking through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because God is with me. And He is not only with me. He is in me. He has also sent His angels to take charge of me and watch over me.

This is why I choose life today. I choose blessing instead of cursing. I choose the peace of God instead of anxiety. I choose the joy of the Lord instead of sorrow. I choose to trust the anointing instead of allowing burdens to control me.

I choose to trust God's promises every day.

God bless you richly

Gil Howard-Browne

Source: Pt3 Trusting God's Promises TMM — [www.revivaltimes.com](http://www.revivaltimes.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment