Jan 7, 2012

Be thankful to God during good and difficult times.

Psalm 34:1 " I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."

Being thankful for all that God has done in our lives is something we should cultivate on a daily basis, not only when life is great and blessings are flowing. It is easy to focus on the things we need and want, but sometimes we forget ALL the wonderful things that God has done for us.

We are commanded in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 " In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." That does not mean we are to thank Him for bad things, but regardless of our condition, we are to be thankful.

The Amplified says it well [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks]  Being thankful even when things go wrong means we trust Him and are not swayed by life's trials. A thankful grateful heart, opens the door to the Joy of the Lord which in turn causes the peace of God to flow in us.

It's like being in the fiery furnace and not being singed.  Daniel 3:24-27 The truth is, Jesus is with us every day in every circumstance.  It's like being in the Lion's den and not being afraid because He is with us.  Daniel 6:22 "My God has sent His angel and has shut the lions' mouths so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent and blameless before Him"


God will send angels if needed to help us and bring in the needed provision.  He will shut the mouths of the Lions (the circumstances) because we Love Him and serve Him and make room for Him in our lives each day.  He will never leave us nor forsake us.  He will provide all our needs according to His riches in glory.


It may be low tide now, but High Tide is Coming soon.

Put it to the test, right now, regardless of how you feel. Just begin to thank Him over and over until you feel the heavy burden lift off of your shoulders.

"Father, I thank You for ALL the blessings that You have poured out on me.  I thank You for Your peace, joy and love that you have filled me with.  I thank You, that You always cause me to triumph and that no matter what my present circumstances are, you will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. I thank You that nothing is too hard for You to do and that You will provide all my needs according to Your riches in glory.  Amen."

Listen to "God is so Good" 

God bless you richly.

Gil Howard-Browne
www.revivaltimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment