Feb 13, 2010

God has answers to life's surprises

Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)
 Vs 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD".   Vs 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Lamentations 3:22-23 (KJV)
 22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.    23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 

God is so good and His mercies are new every morning.  When life dishes up things that take us by surprise, God has prepared (made and keeps ready) 2 Cor.2:9 (AMP)  the things that we need to walk in victory and blessing.

God is never caught by surprise. All we have to do is trust Him.  That means, we don't need to know how but that He "always causes us to triumph"  2 Corinthians 2:14

One of my favorite scriptures "What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [ who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed]. 1 Cor. 2:9 (Amplified)

We have not even begun to understand the fullness of what God has accomplished for us through Christ. He has prepared many good things for our lives. So rather than looking at the negatives in my life, I must choose to walk in the expectation of the blessing that God has prepared for me.  If His mercies are new every morning, that means He is ready for us each day. He cannot be caught by surprise. 

The answer is often hidden by our constant focus on our needs.  We are so wrapped up with getting what we think we need that we miss God in all the turmoil that we created.  We are wanting a detailed explanation from God, but He cannot give us a detailed answer because it would become another question.  His ways are higher than our ways and our thoughts are not His thoughts. I am glad that my thoughts are not His thoughts.  If it were the case, heaven would be in turmoil.  

Trusting Him means not having to know all the details. It is walking with a quiet confidence, knowing that He is able to bring me through whatever life tries to surprise me with.  James 1:2 (AMP) Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.   God is telling us to look at life like He sees it.  My biggest calamity is God's opportunity to show His awesome ability to deliver me and bless me.  

He is not phased by my shortcomings because He knows that the "precious treasure" is on the inside and will continue to make changes in me.   2 Cor. 4:7 (AMP) However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves.

It's the power of God residing inside.  It's the life of God flowing in us that is making a difference.   Quit looking at all your shortcomings and failures.  Start recognizing that God and you are a majority.  Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.   The greater ONE lives in you and He has all the answers to life's surprises.

God bless you richly
Gil Howard-Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment